The Practitioner brings you some around-the-world predictions for 2014 covering world economies, online education, social media and the ultimate litmus test – how close were the leading thinkers in 1964 to predicting the world in 2014!
Let’s start with The Economist. Here is what it is predicting for 2014:
- Economist: World in 2014
And here is what some people already think is wrong with that prediction!
- Yahoo Finance: 5 Predictions About 2014 That Are Wrong
And then there is online education – near and dear to the Practitioner’s heart:
And Social Media and Digital Marketing – next in line for the Practitioner’s affections:
And…if you were in San Diego for the FFI global conference or have been following our blogs with Joshua Cooper Ramo, you know we are interested in China, so…please look at this:
- Ten Predictions for China’s Economy in 2014
And…compare to this one on the US:
- Top Ten Economic Predictions for the Next Decade
And finally…does everyone (anyone?) remember Isaac Asimov’s 1964 predictions about 2014?
- Isaac Asimov’s 1964 Predictions about 2014
And finally (again)…did he get it mostly wrong or mostly right?
- Asimov’s 2014 Predictions Were Shockingly Conservative for 1964
Some things to think about!
Yours in Practice,