Thank you for your interest in writing for The Practitioner. There are several ways to contribute.
The Practitioner Editorial Committee invites you to submit an article, blog or interview for this year’s special issues based on the 2016 global conference theme of Adapt, Evolve, Transform.
In keeping with the theme, the editorial committee encourages researchers, practitioners, advisors, and family business members to submit an article of 1,000-1,500 words by the deadlines below as well as interviews (print, audio or video) for this series.
Transform (November) Submission Deadline: October 1, 2016
Issue editors: Patricia Angus, Kirby Rosplock, Bobby Stover, Harvey Taraday
“Transformation” suggests a change in form, appearance or character, and submissions for the November issue should be about change at this level. We are looking for submissions that look backwards as well as forward and reflect on the transformation of a family enterprise over time and the transformative nature of our field as a whole. Long-term perspectives on how family enterprise will transform the future of the global economies are also relevant.
We also invite contributions of articles and interviews (print, audio, video) to The Practitioner for weekly issues. See below for submission guidelines for these issues as well as the three special issues for 2016.
Write an Article:
- Articles should be 1, 500 words or less.
- Articles should be geared to family enterprise practitioners—not the family business owners themselves.
- Articles should include practical, real-life examples that illustrate how your ideas may be implemented. We’re looking for usable, actionable advice!
- Submit only original, unpublished work.
- Please include a professional bio, description of your firm, and current contact information of no more than 200 words.
- Submit documents in Word format. Do not submit PDF files. Submit a headshot to be used on the website (.jpg or .gif files accepted).
- Articles will be edited for space and flow.
- Accompany your submission with a signed FFI Letter of Agreement (downloadable here).
The editorial board has the right to publish or decline any submitted material at its discretion. Complete the article submission form here.
Become a Guest Blogger:
Interested in joining the discussion? Become a guest blogger for The Practitioner by completing the blog submission form.
This form will be submitted to The Practitioner for review. If you are selected as a guest blogger, The Practitioner will contact you directly. Please note: your contributions may be edited for space and content.