As we embark upon a new year for FFI Practitioner, we are pleased to share a letter about the year ahead from our Managing Editor, Dan Frosh.
Dear FFI Practitioner Readers,
As we kick off a new year, I want to thank the many contributors who submitted articles and participated in podcasts in 2020 — as well as the readers worldwide who took advantage of these unique issues, helping us bridge the gaps between theory and practice.
Our last issue, published on December 23rd, featured the Most Popular Articles of 2020, and to start the new year, I wanted to highlight four editions in varied formats that I found useful in my own practice.
- “Andrew Hier receives FFI Interdisciplinary Award” a podcast with Andrew Hier and Jordan Rich
- “Commentary #4 on Professionalizing the Business Family: A research report sponsored by the FFI 2086 Society” by Fabian Bernhard, Torsten Pieper, and Greg McCann
- “How to Preserve Wealth? The Answer is Infrastructure” by Natasha Pearl
- “Research Applied: FBR Précis for FFI Practitioner” by Navneet Bhatnagar
But now… on to the new year! Given the success of this publication, which is a companion piece to FFI’s highly ranked journal, Family Business Review, the FFI board of directors is establishing an FFI Practitioner Task Force for 2021. Some of the preliminary areas for Task Force discussion are below:
- Identify specific goals and strategies for broadening the reach of FFI Practitioner;
- Explore how current and potential readers access and apply this publication in their own work and professional development; and
- Review the taxonomy on www.ffipractitioner.org.
In the more immediate future, as we develop the editorial calendar for 2021, we are particularly interested in articles and podcasts on the following topics:
- The evolving role of family offices
- The future of work and its impact on family enterprises
- The evolving definition of family and its impact on family enterprises and ownership succession
- Sustainability, ESG, and impact investing
Please submit here or email me if you would like to discuss a potential article or suggest topics and interviewees for podcasts.
Wishing you the best in 2021 and looking forward to our joint efforts with FFI Practitioner in the year ahead.
Managing Editor, FFI Practitioner
FFI board of directors and chair, FFI Practitioner Task Force